DDL Triggers not showing as different

Compares and synchronizes SQL Server databases, backups and scripts.

Moderators: JonathanWatts, Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, eddie davis, Anu Deshpande, Michelle Taylor, alice.easey, james.billings, chengvoon.tong

DDL Triggers not showing as different

Postby muaddba » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:25 pm

I have 2 databases with the same schema, except 1 has DDL triggers and one does not. I have no "Ignore trigger" options checked but SQLCompare is not showing me (that I can see) the DDL triggers differences.

Please advise?
muaddba
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Postby stanori » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi muaddba,

Thanks for your post. We have created a support ticket and will be contacting you shortly.

Best Regards,
Steve Tanori
_________________
Steve Tanori
Product Support
Red Gate Software Ltd.
866-997-0378
stanori
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Re:

Postby kdrazan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:28 pm

stanori wrote:Hi muaddba,

Thanks for your post. We have created a support ticket and will be contacting you shortly.

Best Regards,
Steve Tanori


Hi Steve,

since few days I am experiencing the same problem.
Could you help me with this?

Regrads.
kdrazan
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:47 am

API Changed with new version: 10.3.1.140

Postby Newfave » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:30 pm

I'd expect there to be an announcement for the new version 10.3.1.140.

My team deployed the new version on Thursday 1/28/2013 - and now my automation for detecting changes between source control and production databases does not work.

I suspect that there were significant changes made to the API - that is affecting my set-up.

In order to make working with the command line easier, I create a template version of the SQL Compare .scp file - so I can handle all the settings there. Then I adjust it to point to a specific database - and run the comparison.

I actually run comparison on several hundred databases daily.

Anyhow - the problem I now get sounds like the complaints in this thread - where I no longer get comparison output that I expect.

I get an error message: "Error: The selected objects are identical or no objects have been selected in the comparison"

The comparison output is now:
"Registering data sources
Creating mappings
Comparing
Summarizing Project Selections
Retrieving migration scripts
Checking for identical databases"

So, it looks like the issue is in that step of "checking for identical databases"

Previously, the comparison output would include difference summary information:

"
Registering data sources
Creating mappings
Comparing
Summarizing Project Selections
Retrieving migration scripts

Summary Information
==============================================================================="

Also, shouldn't there be an announcement of the new version deployment?!!!
Newfave
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Where the new problem is

Postby Newfave » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Above I suggested that the problem is probably a change in the API. That's probably not true.

It looks to be in the new "Checking for identical databases" operation.

I say that judging from what the comparison output looks like now versus what it looked like before the new version of SQL Compare got deployed to our servers.
Newfave
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: Where the new problem is

Postby kdrazan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Newfave wrote:Above I suggested that the problem is probably a change in the API. That's probably not true.

It looks to be in the new "Checking for identical databases" operation.

I say that judging from what the comparison output looks like now versus what it looked like before the new version of SQL Compare got deployed to our servers.


Well it is crazy, but it looks like the problem was in the Project options :-(
kdrazan
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:47 am

Project Options

Postby Newfave » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Does anyone know how to get around the project options issues - other than switching to straight command line?
Newfave
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Postby Darren Ferris » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 pm

I seem to have a similar problem when comparing tables and stored procedures.
When I use a project through the gui differences are detected. When I use the same project through the command line I don't get any differences but I do get this: -

Registering data sources
Creating mappings
Comparing
Summarizing Project Selections
Retrieving migration scripts
Checking for identical databases
Error: The selected objects are identical or no objects have been selected in the comparison.

Regards,

Darren
Darren Ferris
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:21 pm

API Changed with new version: 10.3.1.140

Postby Newfave » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Per redgate, a bug has been identified and noted with number SC-6208.

The bug appears to affect the use of the Project file in the command line interface.

I find the Project file to be the easiest way to handle all the options of a comparison - rather than trying to handle it through command line switches.

One can first prepare a Project file using the GUI and get the use of the GUI to make settings changes - and then use it.

So, I hope this bug receives attention - because I think the Project file approach is the best approach.
Newfave
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:55 pm


Return to SQL Compare 10

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: grinnell and 1 guest