Turn off the "Commit Dependencies" modal? Possible?

A SQL Server Management Studio add-in to source control your database in Subversion or Team Foundation Server.

Moderators: Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, sherr, PhilScrace, andy.campbell.smith

Turn off the "Commit Dependencies" modal? Possible?

Postby sgilboy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:53 pm

Is it possible to completely turn "off" this modal window, I don't ever want to commit the dependencies

sgilboy

Postby David Atkinson » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Most options available in SQL Compare are now also available to SQL Source Control.

Please visit http://www.red-gate.com/SupportCenter/G ... 1202000521 for more information.

Having said that, it appears that the line already implies that dependencies aren't included.
<IncludeDependencies>False</IncludeDependencies>

I'll have to investigate.

David Atkinson
Red Gate
David Atkinson

Postby sgilboy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Thanks for the quick reply David..

so I *think* that the setting you point to is to just by default have that checkbox unchecked in the modal, I was looking for a way to not even have the modal pop up and require me to take action before Compare does it's thing

btw, I tried to get into the settings by right-clicking as that KB article shows, but all I get is "Copy" in the context menu... I am running an older version (3.0.13.4214) because of 3.1's "timeout" issues

sgilboy

Postby David Atkinson » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Have you raised the timeout issues with the Red Gate Support team?

Regarding the behavior of that option, I've done some experimentation and it appears that SQL Source Control isn't honoring that option at all.

We'd obviously want to encourage users to included dependencies to reduce the risk of ending up with an inconsistent database. Is there any reason why you never want to commit the dependencies?

David
David Atkinson

Re:

Postby sgilboy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:04 pm

David Atkinson wrote:Have you raised the timeout issues with the Red Gate Support team?

Yup, sure have

http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... hp?t=16158

There is a new patch, but I don't want to be the first to try it :-)

David Atkinson wrote:We'd obviously want to encourage users to included dependencies to reduce the risk of ending up with an inconsistent database. Is there any reason why you never want to commit the dependencies

We've got a mish-mash of SQL Server versions across our 3 environments, I keep things simple by using SQL Source Control *just* for the PROCs I write... it's worked great for 3+ years now
sgilboy

Postby David Atkinson » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:18 pm

I've raised this in our issue tracking system (issue SOC-4620).

In the time being I'm sorry to say that you'll have to uncheck that box each time!

David
David Atkinson

Return to SQL Source Control 3