New feature candidate: SQL Tab Magic available in BETA

Provides intelligent code completion for SQL Server editors.

Moderators: JonathanWatts, David Atkinson, Anu Deshpande, Paul Stephenson, Michelle Taylor, Mike Upton, justin.caldicott, Aaron Law

Postby kondrich » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:37 pm

A colleague reported the same issue as Mark to me.
Regards, Klaus
kondrich

Re: Opening ifinite no of tabs

Postby PaulGoldstraw » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:25 pm

mark_anderson_us wrote:Hi Guys

Had a crash and now when I launch SMSS (with tabmagic installed) it keep opening tabs forever. Tried uninstall and reinstall, no louck. SQL2008 R2

Any suggestions
Mark

I had that problem when i used it on 2008 a few times and the only solution I could find was to keep right clicking tabs and selecting close all as they were loading, if I got too many open I would run out of memory and have to restart SSMS all over again.

Closing them all then closing SSMS properly seemed to get rid of all the extra tabs. The strange bit was sometimes the tabs it would load would be ones from months previous, that hadn't loaded up on previous starts and I had forgotten I'd ever had open. However closing them manually did seem to work for me

Thanks

Paul
PaulGoldstraw

Re: Opening ifinite no of tabs

Postby mark_anderson_us » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:54 am

PaulGoldstraw wrote:
mark_anderson_us wrote:Hi Guys

Had a crash and now when I launch SMSS (with tabmagic installed) it keep opening tabs forever. Tried uninstall and reinstall, no louck. SQL2008 R2

Any suggestions
Mark

I had that problem when i used it on 2008 a few times and the only solution I could find was to keep right clicking tabs and selecting close all as they were loading, if I got too many open I would run out of memory and have to restart SSMS all over again.

Closing them all then closing SSMS properly seemed to get rid of all the extra tabs. The strange bit was sometimes the tabs it would load would be ones from months previous, that hadn't loaded up on previous starts and I had forgotten I'd ever had open. However closing them manually did seem to work for me

Thanks

Paul

There are doznes of them. Surely there has to ba an easier way. i really mis it now I don;t have it installed. Can someone from RedGate chime in?
mark_anderson_us

New version 0.4.2.152

Postby kondrich » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:43 pm

There is a new version 0.4.2.152 available since March, 7th. Though it requires SSMS 2012 to be closed during install (a great hope), it's just available in SSMS versions lower than 2012 after install. Once more dissappointed.
Regards, Klaus
kondrich

Postby JonathanWatts » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi there,

An early access release of SQL Tab Magic is now available to download from http://download.red-gate.com/EAP/SQLTab ... bMagic.zip and includes the following new features and enhancements:
- Support for SQL Server Management Studio 2012.
- Redesign of the user interface.
- Single dialog for searching all tabs.
- Empty tabs are no longer included in tab history nor opened on startup.
- Stability and performance improvements.

This is the last release of SQL Tab Magic as a standalone product. The next early access release will incorporate SQL Tab Magic in SQL Prompt.

We’d love to hear what you think. If you have any feedback, please leave a comment or email eapprompt@red-gate.com

We are aware of a problem whereby all tabs are reopened when you launch SQL Server Management Studio, rather than only the tabs that were open when SQL Server Management Studio was last closed. If you encounter this problem, please email eapprompt@red-gate.com

Many thanks,

Jonathan Watts
- Red Gate
JonathanWatts

Previous

Return to SQL Prompt 5