UK postcode unit are restricted

The simplest way to populate your database with test data.

Moderators: David Atkinson, Anu Deshpande, Lionel

UK postcode unit are restricted

Postby icecurtain » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:20 am

The final two letters, the UK postcode unit are restricted to the set ABDEFGHJLNPQRSTUWXYZ (which excludes the six letters CIKMOV)

The code on the download still has these in and is causing validation data issues has anyone a amended version?

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<generators>
   <generator
      type="RedGate.SQLDataGenerator.ExpressionGenerators.RegexpGenerator"
      name="UK PostCode"
      description="CB4 1AS, AS1 9LJ, RD4 1LB, "
      category="Geographical">

<property name="Expression">(AB|B|BA|BB|BD|BH|BL|BN|BR|BS|BT|CA|CB|CF|CH|CM|CO|CR|CT|CV|CW|DA|DE|DG|DH|DL|DN|DT|DY|E|EC|EH|EN|EX|FK|FY|G|GL|GU|H|HG|HP|HR|HS|HU|HX|IG|IM|IP|IV|KA|KT|KW|KY|L|LA|LD|LE|LL|LN|LS|LU|M|ME|MK|MK|N|NE|NG|NN|NP|NR|NW|OL|OX|PA|PE|PH|PL|PO|PR|RG|RH|RM|S|SA|SE|SG|SK|SL|SM|SN|SO|SP|SR|SS|ST|SW|SY|TA|TD|TF|TN|TQ|TR|TS|TW|UB|W|WA|WC|WD|WF|WN|WR|WS|WV|Y|ZE)([1-9]|[1-9][0-9]) [1-9][A-Z]{2}</property>

<matches field=".*Post.*Code.*" score="50" minlen="8"/>
      <matches field=".*Addr.*4" score="12" minlen="8"/>

<type type="string"/>
   </generator>
</generators>
icecurtain

Postby icecurtain » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:38 am

(AB|B|BA|BB|BD|BH|BL|BN|BR|BS|BT|CA|CB|CF|CH|CM|CO|CR|CT|CV|CW|DA|DE|DG|DH|DL|DN|DT|DY|E|EC|EH|EN|EX|FK|FY|G|GL|GU|H|HG|HP|HR|HS|HU|HX|IG|IM|IP|IV|KA|KT|KW|KY|L|LA|LD|LE|LL|LN|LS|LU|M|ME|MK|MK|N|NE|NG|NN|NP|NR|NW|OL|OX|PA|PE|PH|PL|PO|PR|RG|RH|RM|S|SA|SE|SG|SK|SL|SM|SN|SO|SP|SR|SS|ST|SW|SY|TA|TD|TF|TN|TQ|TR|TS|TW|UB|W|WA|WC|WD|WF|WN|WR|WS|WV|Y|ZE)([1-9]|[1-9][0-9]) [1-9](A|B|D|E|F|G|H|J|N|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z){2}
icecurtain

Postby Brian Donahue » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Is your previous post the regular expression that works for you? If so, I can suggest future versions of Data Generator use your regular expression.
Brian Donahue

Return to SQL Data Generator 1