How do I eliminate NuGet package dependencies?

Automated deployment for web applications and databases

Moderators: Mike Upton, justin.caldicott, Sean.newham, csmith, chirayu, DavidSimner, david.conlin

How do I eliminate NuGet package dependencies?

Postby dcameron » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:18 pm

How do you eliminate the dependencies? Whenever I use the NuGet Pack step in TeamCity 7.x, it doesn't put the dependency binaries in my bin folder. It just creates a nupkg file with references to other nupkg dependencies.
dcameron

Postby Mike Upton » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Have you tried creating a Nuspec file (documentation here) to define the package contents rather than running the NuGet Pack step against a project file? You can specify the dependencies manually when you use a Nuspec file, and given that Deployment Manager doesn't support package dependencies, you'll want to leave the dependencies section empty.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any problems getting it to work.

Kind Regards,
Mike
Mike Upton

Software Engineer
Red Gate Software Ltd.
Mike Upton

Postby dcameron » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Do I need to list every file in my nuspec file? Would that mean that every time we add a dependency, we need to edit the nuspec file?
dcameron

Postby Mike Upton » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:46 pm

No, the file elements you use to specify files to include support wildcards, including '**' for a recursive directory search. This is described in detail in http://docs.nuget.org/docs/reference/nuspec-reference#Specifying_Files_to_Include_in_the_Package
Mike Upton

Software Engineer
Red Gate Software Ltd.
Mike Upton

Postby swinghouse » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:37 pm

To Red Gate:

Perhaps you could add this information to the NuSpec documentation at http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/Content/Deployment_Manager/help/1.0/dm_nuget_packages?
swinghouse

Return to Deployment Manager