A SQL Server Management Studio add-in to source control your database in Subversion or Team Foundation Server.
Moderators: Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, sherr, PhilScrace, andy.campbell.smith
i'm evaluating sql source control, our project needs to version control a growing amount of metadata so the version control static data feature is exactly what we need.
the problem :
- checking the database in & linking the static data (SQLServer R2) to TFS2010 .. all good no problems
- insert rows, update data, delete rows ... was expecting "changes to commit" to appear but nothing.
- to get around this i add a column to table and it picks up the schema change right away. i remove the column so the schema stays the same but source control can now pick up the static data change.
- commit to TFS.. now all good.
is this a known issue ? i have search the board but couldn't find much on this subject.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:28 pm
I'm sorry you have encountered this issue. I will be responding to you via email with the information relevant to troubleshooting this problem.
- Posts: 6670
- Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:48 am
Return to SQL Source Control 3
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests