.NET obfuscator and automated error reporting
Moderators: Luke Jefferson, melvyn.harbour, dom.smith
I am trying to integrate SmartAssembly into my build process. Here's what my build process looks like right now:
1. Build all projects and copy their assemblies to a build folder
2. Use Smart Assembly to merge the assemblies in the build folder into a single assembly. Some of the assemblies can't be merged.
3. Copy only merged assemblies and the ones that couldn't be merged into the Installer folder.
4. Build installer from files in the Installer Folder.
This works fine, but I wish I could have a bit more automation. Is there a way to tell MSBuild to automatically detect the assemblies specified in step 3? Alternatively, can SmartAssembly automatically delete assemblies that have been merged to prevent them from being copied?
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:53 pm
That's an interesting idea. I suppose what you would need to do would be to have SmartAssembly build to a different folder, then have some program that can use Reflection get the external references out of the assembly that SmartAssembly merges using Reflection and copy that list of assemblies from the original bin folder to the SmartAssembly output folder.
That would ensure that only the merged assembly and any assemblies that could not be merged are the only ones in the folder.
- Posts: 6670
- Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:48 am
Return to SmartAssembly 6
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests