Compresses, encrypts, secures and monitors SQL Server backups.
Moderators: Chris Auckland, eddie davis, Colin Millerchip, Brian Harris, james.billings, RBA, petey
Sorry if this is a repeat, I have been having issues searching the forums.
I am upgrading some storage, and found a data.sdf file on a drive that is marked to be removed. Is there a link as to how to move this? We are running version 184.108.40.206
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:12 pm
- Location: United States
That file contains details of backup and restore operations performed by SQL Backup.
To move this file:
- close all SQL Backup GUIs connected to your SQL Server instance
- stop the SQL Backup Agent service
- look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Red Gate\\SQL Backup\\BackupSettingsGlobal\\<instance name> in the registry
- change the 'DataPath' value to the folder where you want to move the data.sdf file to
- move the data.sdf file to that new folder
- restart the SQL Backup Agent service
- start the SQL Backup GUI, connect to that instance, and check if the backup/restore history details show up correctly
SQL Backup Consultant Developer
Associate, Yohz Software
- SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 7
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:34 pm
Return to SQL Backup 6
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests