When will DeploymentPackager.exe become available?

Automated deployment for web applications and databases

Moderators: Mike Upton, justin.caldicott, Sean.newham, csmith, chirayu, DavidSimner, david.conlin

When will DeploymentPackager.exe become available?

Postby swinghouse » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:31 pm

At http://www.red-gate.com/delivery/deployment-manager you mention that DeploymentPackager.exe will be available "soon".

My question is: How soon is "soon"?

/Mattias
swinghouse

Postby Brian Donahue » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:09 am

You may be interested in the Red Gate roadmap page - it says Deployment Manager is scheduled for Q4.
http://www.red-gate.com/our-company/about/news/
Brian Donahue

Postby justin.caldicott » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:56 am

Hi Mattias,

We're hoping to make package creation easier this year. This will likely involve a command line tool, such as the DeploymentPackager.exe described.

Can I ask what problems you have when creating packages using the NuGet command line? Or what areas you see that can be simplified?

Thanks,

Justin
justin.caldicott

Postby swinghouse » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:10 am

Justin,

Thanks for the feedback.

My main reasons for inquiring about DeploymentPackager was:

a) to get as full a picture of Deployment Manager as is possible at this stage

b) that I'm very keen on - perhaps too keen? - on integrated development tools that offer a complete set of functionality.

I'm (slowly) realizing that the latter point is a result of me being "spoon-fed" by Visual Studio all these years and that even Microsoft is moving away from those "software monoliths" I'm accustomed to.

That being said, I'll get back to you if and when I have specific suggestions about ways your product could improve upon what NuGet offers.
swinghouse

Return to Deployment Manager