What Ports does Monitor tool Require?

SQL Server performance monitoring and alerting

Moderators: eddie davis, priyasinha, Adam, chriskelly, Chris Lambrou, Chris Spencer

What Ports does Monitor tool Require?

Postby david.hicks » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Hello,

Can anyone confirm what port(s) sql monitor will require be open? I have a very restrictive client and i will need to specify required port(s) we will use. I have located the following in another post but any additional info would be great.

•TCP port 135 used by the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service. Also make sure that the remote registry service is started on the server.
•TCP port 445 used by the Server Message Block (SMB) service that allows remote file access.
•TCP port 1433 used as the default registered address for the SQL Server Database Engine. If your SQL Server uses a different TCP configuration, use that port number instead.

We are using Monitor v3.x.

Thanks for any help!
David
david.hicks

Postby Chris Spencer » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:37 am

It looks like the other post you mention was using the following support page: http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/c ... _Firewalls

I don't think that there are any other ports. The page suggests that there's some WMI configuration that might possible need doing.

Regards
Chris
Chris Spencer
Test Engineer
Red Gate
Chris Spencer

Postby RajK » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:54 am

Dear David,

This forum post has created a new support request in our support system. I have responded to this query via that support case.

Thanks for your patience and feedback in this matter.

Regards,
RajK

Return to SQL Monitor 3