Password encryption issues

Compresses, encrypts, secures and monitors SQL Server backups.

Moderators: JonathanWatts, Chris Auckland, eddie davis, Colin Millerchip, Brian Harris, james.billings, RBA, petey

Password encryption issues

Postby SequelSurfer » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:13 pm

I had version 6.5.1.9 on my desktop as a trial version back in July to do some tests as I did not have a server available for what I wanted to do. I had no issues backing up and restoring databases on my desktop, even restoring password protected backups that had been created on other servers.

This morning I upgraded my desktop trial to v7.2.0.286 and I am having problems. If I create a backup on my desktop, I can restore it no problem. If I try and restore a backup created on another server (using an older licensed version of Backup Pro) the password is not recognised and I cannot restore the backup. I have even copied the backup files locally to remove any network related possible issues.

Why is the GUI not recognising my password?
SequelSurfer

Postby petey » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:54 am

We made some improvements to the password handling portion of SQL Backup in version 7, which may have affected you. Could you please send a support request to Red Gate (support@red-gate.com) so that we can discuss further in private on how to address your issue?

Thank you.
Peter Yeoh
SQL Backup Consultant Developer
Associate, Yohz Software
Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 7
petey

Postby SequelSurfer » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:32 am

Support Request has been raised, just waiting for email confirmation.
SequelSurfer

Return to SQL Backup 7