SQL Server performance monitoring and alerting
Moderators: eddie davis, priyasinha, Adam, chriskelly, Chris Lambrou, Chris Spencer
We are seemed to be experiencing slow response from sqlmonitor 3.0. Having investigated this issue it has come to our attention the culprit process is “RedGate.Response.Engine.Alerting.Base.Service.exe” which is causing the cpu utilization to fluctuate between 50-100%.
Things we have ruled out
1. No antivirus software on the server thus no sqlmonitor file scanning/intercepting.
2. Sqlmonitor tracing is switched off so that can’t be having any impact.
3. The repository database resides completely on a different server which has no sign of performance related issues.
4. No memory pressure as the memory utilization is 2GB out of 4GB
It is apparent from Windows resource monitor that there is a large number of handles associated with “RedGate.Response.Engine.Alerting.Base.Service.exe” (Approx 220) which may well be contributing towards the impact.
OS: Windows server 2008 R2 service pack 1 (64 bit)
Processor : AMD 2.0 GHz (2 processors)
Your help will be much appreciated.
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:06 am
- Location: Preston
Thanks for your post. We have opened a support ticket to investigate your performance issue with SQL Monitor. We will be contacting you shortly.
Red Gate Software Ltd.
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:13 pm
Return to SQL Monitor 3
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest