[SOLVED] SSC Not seeing changes, but SQL Compare can

A SQL Server Management Studio add-in to source control your database in Subversion or Team Foundation Server.

Moderators: Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, sherr, PhilScrace, andy.campbell.smith

[SOLVED] SSC Not seeing changes, but SQL Compare can

Postby jarofclay » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:42 pm

It's not the exclusion list because both of them show those as being excluded. What could be happening that would cause us not to be able to see the changes in SSC?

We have tried unlinking and relinking the database as shared or dedicated and none of those seem to work.
Last edited by jarofclay on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarofclay
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Postby jarofclay » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Bump. This just happened recently with the last update. I'm not sure why we need Source Control if it can't detect changes??
jarofclay
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Postby james.billings » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi,

Just to confirm, you've upgraded and now, no matter what change you make to your database, nothing shows up on the commit tab?

Is this the case even forcing a click of the refresh button?

If you unlink and then link to an "evaluation repository", can you see everything and commit? And can you then make further changes?
james.billings
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 am
Location: My desk.

Postby jarofclay » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Just to confirm, you've upgraded and now, no matter what change you make to your database, nothing shows up on the commit tab?


Correct, even after pushing refresh, linking and unlinking, etc

If you unlink and then link to an "evaluation repository", can you see everything and commit? And can you then make further changes?


Now this will show us the changes if we point to an empty created repository (we are using Mercurial) and so we know that is working, but as soon as we point back to our existing repo it stops seeing anything new. We even deleted the repo and recreated it and still no changes. Any ideas? We are trying to push out new schema changes to a bunch of systems and we have become to reliant on SSC working! :)
jarofclay
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Postby jarofclay » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:03 pm

I think we found a bug. We have some objects that we ignore when testing that we start with an underscore "_". So we have a filter rule that ignores those.

We played around with this and removed that filter and everything showed up (even object names that don't start with the underscore) so something seems off with the filter.

We can work around it for now since we now see and can commit changes (Whew!), but there might be something going on there with the filters.

Cheers.
jarofclay
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Postby james.billings » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:48 am

Thanks for the update- you may be right, I think i've seen a bug logged with Compare that sounds pretty similar.
SQL Source Control should get fixed once it inherits the fixed Compare engine, so one of the next updates should sort it.
james.billings
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 am
Location: My desk.


Return to SQL Source Control 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest