GDI leakage

Memory profiling for .NET developers

Moderators: Luke Jefferson, StephenC, AndrewH, melvyn.harbour, james.billings, Laura Morley, dene.boulton

GDI leakage

Postby ukian » Sat May 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi. I'm using the current version of ANTS memory and thought I'd see if I could identify GDI object leaks in a Windows Forms project. I can't find any way of doing this though, or even a way of identifying a count at points in time.

Any clues or advice would be appreciated.

I am going to post a second post in the performance section which is a feature request related to this. I hope that's acceptable. Feel free to amalgamate both posts if that's not :)
ukian

Postby james.billings » Mon May 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Thanks for your post!

I had a quick look for other queries relating specifically to GDI that may have arisen in the past, but couldn't find anything, so we'll probably need a little more context to see if we can help.

Is it possible for you to detail a little more about your application (some sample code that demonstrates the problem would be good) and also maybe let us see your results? You can mail them to us at support@red-gate.com quoting F0060645 in the subject line if you prefer.

You might also find [url="http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8302287/how-to-debug-gdi-object-leaks"]this Stack Overflow article[/url] of interest, although it's somewhat general purpose.
james.billings

Re:

Postby ukian » Mon May 28, 2012 3:54 pm

james.billings wrote:Is it possible for you to detail a little more about your application (some sample code that demonstrates the problem would be good) and also maybe let us see your results? You can mail them to us at support@red-gate.com quoting F0060645 in the subject line if you prefer.

I'll put something together later and send it in. It's fairly simple though. Do something graphical and see if the GDI count goes up or goes up and comes down again. The devil of course is in the details.

:)
ukian

Return to ANTS Memory Profiler 7