Application Name="Red Gate Software - SQL Tools"

Ingeniously simple database development in Visual Studio

Moderators: David Atkinson, Paul Stephenson, GrahamH, james.allison

Postby cvillard » Wed May 23, 2012 1:35 pm

I installed SQL Tools for Visual Studio some time ago but uninstalled after trying it out.

I noticed today that when I was creating a new project and working on th web.config that I find the following located in my connection string.

I removed this and updated my database and went back to the web.config and a new connection string was created with the same Application name again.

Can anyone assist with why this is happening?
cvillard

Postby eddie davis » Fri May 25, 2012 10:45 am

Hi

Thank you for post into the forum.

Sadly I am totally confused has to how you have the following in your connection string:

I have our SQL tools installed and created a new web project in VS2010. Looked at the properties for the web.config and there is no entry like the one above.

The only workaround I can suggest, is to locate the template that creates the web.config and check it's properties.

Many Thanks
Eddie
Eddie Davis
Technical Support Engineer
Red Gate Software Ltd
E-mail: support@red-gate.com
eddie davis

Postby cvillard » Fri May 25, 2012 1:22 pm

I also want to note, after seeing your reply I tried a bunch of different tasks within VS and this occurs when I use a LINQ to SQL (dbml) document and drop onto it (from Server Explorer) a table. When I then view the config again, this line appears.

<add name=\"ConnectionString\" connectionString=\"Data Source=localhost\\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=SyncDB;Integrated Security=True;Pooling=False;Application Name=&quot;Red Gate Software - SQL Tools&quot;\"
providerName=\"System.Data.SqlClient\" />
cvillard

Return to SQL Connect