The simplest way to populate your database with test data.
Moderators: JonathanWatts, David Atkinson, Anu Deshpande, Michelle Taylor, Lionel, Emma A, sherr
One of the things I often need is a weighted data generator, RedGate offers most of the functionality that I'd like however there are a couple of things that would be really nice to have as part of the standard delivery. Most of these are quite simple, I just can't be bothered to rummage through my addled brain to remember how to write efficient c# code!
1. On the generic weighted list generator, it would be good to have the ability to select a range; i.e. I'd like 5% of the dates selected to fall between 2 given dates. The next list item could be 11% of dates in another range etc....
2. What would also be useful is having the weighted lists generate say x% of the data with a catchall clause at the end for the other y%. i.e. I'd like 72% of the data to be from a weighted list, the other 28% from another weighted list or even a single value.
3. It would be even better if a weighted list could be derived from a SQL query... i.e. the list items are from a table and Redgate allows you to assign a numeric or percentile value to each....
As I say these are only ideas; they would make data generation a little easier for us BI analysts
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 12:13 pm
I have added the details of this forum post to Feature Request SDG-721.
This feature request is now marked for review. I cannot guarantine the success of the feature request submitted or if approval is given what future version of SQL Data Generator your weighted data request will appear in.
- Posts: 942
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:47 pm
- Location: Red Gate Software
Return to SQL Data Generator 2
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests