The simplest way to populate your database with test data.
Moderators: JonathanWatts, David Atkinson, Anu Deshpande, Michelle Taylor, Lionel, Emma A, sherr
Here is my process :
- Modifying DB schema ;
- Setting data generations according to the new schema ;
- Creating n DBs for development, integration, testing, etc. ;
- Injecting data in those several targets.
Is there a way to target a specific server when using Data Generator ?
I searched the command line options but without success.
a topic had been opened in 2008 :
Any ideas / news to share ?
Thanks in advance for replying.
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:06 am
Thanks for your post.
I'm afraid this still hasn't been implemented. We have the feature request logged under the code SDG-675 and I've added you as another vote for it.
There isn't much development for SQL Data Generator happening in the the near future, so I don't expect this to change any time soon.
The SDG project file is simply an XML file, so you could set something up to change the data sources as a workaround.
There isn't really much else you can do.
Sorry to not be very helpful.
- Posts: 757
- Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:12 pm
- Location: Red Gate Software Ltd.
Return to SQL Data Generator 2
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests