Help us shape the next version of SQL Monitor

SQL Server performance monitoring and alerting

Moderators: eddie davis, priyasinha, Adam, chriskelly, Chris Lambrou, Chris Spencer

Help us shape the next version of SQL Monitor

Postby priyasinha » Tue May 31, 2011 4:02 pm

We're currently in the planning stage for SQL Monitor 3.0.

If you want to help shape the next version of SQL Monitor, enter your ideas or vote for others on this forum.

We look forward to hearing from you.
The SQL Monitor Development Team
priyasinha
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:02 pm

Postby cutiger93 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Here are a few suggestions:
I'm sure you guys have already thought about some of these.
I have only been using this a little while, so there may already be some functionality that I'm not aware of?

Possible Reports: or links?
Missing Indexes?
I/O Usage By DB?
Top 10 Statements By CPU?
Top 10 Procs By Use Count?


I think it would be great to log this information in the RedGate Monitoring system since this info gets flushed after rebooting the server.
cutiger93
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Postby priyasinha » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:38 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Reports: We do have some reports available already on our website here.
Missing Indexes: This is currently not in product but we are working on Custom alert feature for V 3.0 release. You should be able to achieve it via this feature.
Top 10 Statements By CPU/ Top 10 Procs By Use Count: This is already supported via "Top 10 queries" feature in the product.
I/O Usage By DB: We support some database specific counters already in database overview. Pleas let us know if you are looking for something very specific.

Thanks,
Priya
priyasinha
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:02 pm

Alerts

Postby Brady1408 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:57 pm

a little thing that would be very helpful would be to treat alerts kind of like an inbox, if I enter an alert I would like a previous and next button up top so I can easily scroll through alerts. Many times an alert will be raised multiple times, and sifting through them can be difficult when you have to keep backing up to the main alert page.
Brady1408
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: Alerts

Postby Chris Spencer » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:28 am

Brady1408 wrote:a little thing that would be very helpful would be to treat alerts kind of like an inbox, if I enter an alert I would like a previous and next button up top so I can easily scroll through alerts. Many times an alert will be raised multiple times, and sifting through them can be difficult when you have to keep backing up to the main alert page.


Hi, this is a very popular request and an enhancement request (ref: SRP-1953) exists for this.

Thanks for your feedback
Chris
Chris Spencer
Test Engineer
Red Gate
Chris Spencer
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:09 am
Location: Red Gate - Cambridge

Re:

Postby RBA » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:21 pm

cutiger93 wrote:Missing Indexes?.


I have an example v3.0 custom metric script for this which I should be in the "Getting started" document that comes with the EAP.
Robin Anderson
Development
Red-Gate Software
RBA
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:13 pm
Location: Cambridge

Postby CRUecke » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:54 pm

It would be nice to assign ADS user permissions to one of the three groups, so that the user doesn't have to use a shared password, and it would simply log them in with the proper permissions.
CRUecke
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:53 pm

Multi-user

Postby rplescia » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:28 pm

It would be great sql monitor could be made a multi-user application as we have the need in our organisation to give other teams access to sql monitor but we want to give them view-only permissions so they can't fiddle with alerts and thresholds
rplescia
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:07 pm

Re: Multi-user

Postby Chris Spencer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:50 pm

rplescia wrote:It would be great sql monitor could be made a multi-user application as we have the need in our organisation to give other teams access to sql monitor but we want to give them view-only permissions so they can't fiddle with alerts and thresholds


You'll be pleased to hear that we have implemented a multi-user system for version 3.0. This includes a read-only user.

Regards
Chris
Chris Spencer
Test Engineer
Red Gate
Chris Spencer
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:09 am
Location: Red Gate - Cambridge

Re: Multi-user

Postby rplescia » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:12 pm

Chris Spencer wrote:You'll be pleased to hear that we have implemented a multi-user system for version 3.0. This includes a read-only user.

Regards
Chris


Sweet!
rplescia
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:07 pm


Return to SQL Monitor 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest