Error obfuscating DLLs: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException...

.NET obfuscator and automated error reporting

Moderators: Luke Jefferson, melvyn.harbour, dom.smith

Error obfuscating DLLs: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException...

Postby joao.portela » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi,

I'm using Smart Assembly version 6.1.0.48 and I start getting some odd errors during the obfuscation tasks:

Copyright c Red Gate Software 2005-2011
Loading project C:\\project\\project.exe.saproj
Analyzing...
Preparing...Exception finding database version: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'Information'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.
at ?..?(Exception )
at ..?(Action`1 , Action`1 )
at ..?()
Creating Assembly...
OK

The strange is that the DLLs seams to be obfuscated but I'm not comfortable with the error SA is dumping.


Today I tried to upgrade the SA version to the latest one (6.5.2.21) and I start getting the following error (and DLLs/EXEs are not obfuscated!!!) :

SmartAssembly v6.5.2.21
Copyright c Red Gate Software 2005-2011
Loading project C:\\project\\project.exe.saproj
Loading...
ERROR: Memory management is not supported for DLLs


Does anyone can you help me with these errors?


Regards,
João Portela
joao.portela
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Postby Simon C » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:13 pm

In 6.5 we made the project configuration slightly less tolerant of options that simply don't make sense (in this case, specifying memory management on a dll). If the option isn't available in the UI for you to turn off, you'll need to edit the saproj file directly and change

<OtherOptimizations ManageMemory="1" />

to

<OtherOptimizations ManageMemory="0" />

that should get it working in 6.5.
Simon C
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:56 pm
Location: Red Gate Software

Re:

Postby joao.portela » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi Simon,

Yes, that was the problem. I already found it and change the flag to '0''.

But, although I had no problems during the obfuscation task, I'm having problems in runtime but only in Windows 2008 R2.

The error is happening in a service, and here are the error dump to the event viewer:


------------------
Information 07-12-2011 09:36:14 Windows Error Reporting 1001 None "Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: BEX64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: MyService.exe
P2: 6.0.1.9
P3: 4ede58cf
P4: unknown
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: 0000000000000000
P8: c0000005
P9: 0000000000000008
P10:

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: e722c24a-20b6-11e1-b856-0050569a0050
Report Status: 0"
------------------

This should be a problem with some source code pattern (we already had similar problems in the past), so I'll engage with SA Support team.


Regards,
João Portela

Simon C wrote:In 6.5 we made the project configuration slightly less tolerant of options that simply don't make sense (in this case, specifying memory management on a dll). If the option isn't available in the UI for you to turn off, you'll need to edit the saproj file directly and change

<OtherOptimizations ManageMemory="1" />

to

<OtherOptimizations ManageMemory="0" />

that should get it working in 6.5.
joao.portela
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:31 pm


Return to SmartAssembly 6

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests