SSMS Source control options takes too long

A SQL Server Management Studio add-in to source control your database in Subversion or Team Foundation Server.

Moderators: Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, sherr, PhilScrace

SSMS Source control options takes too long

Postby tbohnen.jnr » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:30 am

We've recently purchased the tools and I am amazed at all the features. The only problem is the SSMS integration for some reason is extremely slow.

When I go to the Commit tab, it takes roughly 5 - 20 minutes to show me my changes, and then sometimes it's only 5 changes?

It goes through stages of Waiting for other Operations to complete, Registering database etc.

Full disclaimer we do have a fairly large database, but is there any way to speed things up?
tbohnen.jnr

Postby andy.campbell.smith » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:47 pm

We've seen this before with the tool - it can be very slow with large databases. We don't currently have a workaround for it, but it's being actively worked on by our dev team, so it should be addressed in an update soon. Sorry!
Andy Campbell Smith

Red Gate Technical Support Engineer
andy.campbell.smith

Re:

Postby tbohnen.jnr » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:48 pm

andy.campbell.smith wrote:We've seen this before with the tool - it can be very slow with large databases. We don't currently have a workaround for it, but it's being actively worked on by our dev team, so it should be addressed in an update soon. Sorry!

Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to an update!
tbohnen.jnr

Return to SQL Source Control 2