Searching for *=

A free Management Studio add-in to search for SQL in your databases

Moderators: JonathanWatts, David Atkinson, Anu Deshpande, Paul Stephenson, Michelle Taylor, Mike Upton, Adam, justin.caldicott

Searching for *=

Postby Bamajohn » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:51 pm

I have discovered a bug in SQL Search 1.0.1.2. I have read similar threads and tried forcing a reindex, then I found and deleted all the cached index files from %userprofile%\\appdata\\local\\Red Gate\\SQLSearch 1\\Indexes\\. Neither of these steps changed the observed behavior. I am running SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2 SP1, 10.50.2500.0, on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit.

The problem is searching for *= with "All Objects" and "Exact Match" selected. The "All Objects" option brings back no results at all. However, changing the drop-down to "Views" brings back one result, and changing the drop-down to "Procedures" brings back five results.

This is very important to me as I am checking my database for SQL 2008 readiness and have come to depend on SQL Search.
Bamajohn
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Return to SQL Search 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest