Provides intelligent code completion for SQL Server editors.
Moderators: David Atkinson, Anu Deshpande, Luke Jefferson
I love SQL Format, but sometimes what I want is the opposite - to remove all formatting and turn it into a single line, so I can pass the whole query as a parameter.
Also, at the same time, I want to turn hard coded text into a string. For example:
...where myfield = 'Y' and...
...where myfield = ''Y'' and...
Also, if there is a bug, Sql Format aborts without doing any formatting. I would like the option to do a partial format, ignoring the problem code (but still underline it) because it sometimes help identify the missing quotation mark or what have you.
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:49 pm
Many thanks for your post and your feedback is highly appreciated.
1. Regarding formatting the code on single line: We have already logged this as a feature request in our internal tracking system whose Id is SP-2816.
2. Regarding option to change hardcoded text to string: We have logged this as a feature request whose tracking id is SP-3708
3. Regarding underlining functionality if query contains error and also partially formatting the code: We have logged this as a feature request whose tracking id is SP-3709
All above feature requests will be reviewed by product manager and than marked for the future release.
Kindly let me know if you need more help on this.
- Posts: 692
- Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:53 pm
- Location: Cambridge
Return to SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests