SQL Monitor

Monitor, diagnose and receive alerts to problems across your SQL Servers.

Moderators: eddie davis, david connell, dlkj, Colin Millerchip, priyasinha, Emma A

SQL Monitor

Postby Kwisatz78 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi - I am wondering if its possible to use SQL monitor to baseline your enivronments, such that you can store historical numbers and graphs about IOs, CPU and memory usage?

The idea is that I can periodically generate baselines for capacity planning.

Thanks
Kwisatz78

Postby priyasinha » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

SQL Monitor does store historical data. You can view all these information over period of time via the Analysis page. We do show some basic stats also. Having said that we do not do any trending on that data yet.

The best place to give feedback about SQL Monitor would be this forum or via email to eapresponse@red-gate.com.

Thanks and Regards,
Priya
priyasinha

Postby Kwisatz78 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:24 am

Hi - yes I think that would be a useful feature and one that could be easily built upon if you already store the data.

That said in the mean time is it possible to use the data in the SQL Monitor's database to perhaps build our own reports from using SSRS?
Kwisatz78

Postby benrees » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:51 am

Hi - yes, absolutely. The data is stored in a SQL Server backend. We've created a number of VIEWs to help the user understand the database schema and we'll also be providing some sample SSRS reports to help users get started.

Regards

Ben Rees
benrees

Return to SQL Response 1