Value Specified for Threshold not Parsed

Code profiling for .NET Developers

Moderators: Luke Jefferson, StephenC, Alex.Davies, AndrewH, melvyn.harbour, Laura Morley

Value Specified for Threshold not Parsed

Postby phfle1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi,

I tried to launch profile.exe from the command line but got the following error :

Error: The default value specified for /threshold could not be parsed as type 5: 0.1.

My command was :
"Profile.exe" /e:"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\microsoft shared\\DevServer\\10.0\\WebDev.WebServer40.EXE" /ll /csv:"D:\\testing\\results.csv"

Thanks,

Philippe
phfle1

Postby Brian Donahue » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi Phillipe,

Please see my answer to your previous topic. You're meant to use the arguments to do with "cassini" rather than trying to launch the webdev.webserver as an executable. I have never seen the error you had reported before -- I expect it's an error message thrown by webdev.webserver.
Brian Donahue

Same Issue

Postby phfle1 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi,

I tried with the following command line and still have the same issue :

"C:\\Program Files\\Red Gate\\ANTS Performance Profiler 6\\Profile.exe" /ll /csv:"D:\\testing\\results.csv" /port:10101 /webdev /cpath:"D:\\flp001Locataire\\Dev\\Src\\Applications\\Initialisateur.Web.UI\\Initialisateur.Web.UI.vbproj" /cvd:"SoumissionLocataire"

Is there more documentation on the command line feature? I had seen the page with the parameters but there aren't any examples.

Thanks and have a good weekend,

Phil
phfle1

Postby Brian Donahue » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:17 am

I have checked the ANTS source code and that text does not appear in it, so the error is either being thrown by webdev.webserver, or your web application. The information you have given doesn't say which program threw out the error message.

Just to clarify, I believe that the /cpath argument is meant to be the directory of the web project files, rahter than the full path to the VB project file.
Brian Donahue

Postby Brian Donahue » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Small change to the above -- I'm told it's a bug in the Profiler's argument parser. You can try a patch from our FTP site.
Brian Donahue

Thanks

Postby phfle1 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the patch, it works now. I have another issue but I'll open another thread.

Have a good one.

Philippe
phfle1

Return to ANTS Performance Profiler 6