Refresh Suggestions not possible with 5.0.0.365

Provides intelligent code completion for SQL Server editors.

Moderators: David Atkinson, Anu Deshpande, Luke Jefferson, Paul Stephenson

Refresh Suggestions not possible with 5.0.0.365

Postby kondrich » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:08 pm

I just updated SQL Prompt from Early Access Release 1 to Early Access Relase 2 (i.e. 5.0.0.365) but now my SQL Prompt cannot refresh suggestions in my SSMS 2008 R2 installation. This occurs on any of our servers and on any database during automatic refresh and during manual refresh.

The error reads:
"SQL Prompt could not retrieve all schema information for <database name>".
Object reference not set to an instance of an object." (<database name> is just a placeholder for any database name).

I restarted SSMS several times, but no way. Since our servers, my login and my permissions have not changed within the minute of updating SQL Prompt, I guess that this build causes the error.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Regards, Klaus
kondrich

Postby kondrich » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Additional information from log file:

21 Sep 2010 15:22:18,870 [1] INFO RedGate.SqlPrompt.Engine.LogService - Starting new SQL Prompt editor session
21 Sep 2010 15:23:04,652 [1] WARN RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Editor.EditorWindowBase - Cache had warnings
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Cache.Candidates.SynonymCandidate.get_ObjectType()
at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Cache.CandidateCollections.CandidateCollectionMultiType`1.Add(String key, T value)
at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Cache.Candidates.DatabaseCandidateBase.??(IDataReader reader, IDictionary`2 users, IDictionary`2 objects, IDictionary`2 tablecolumns)
at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Cache.Candidates.DatabaseCandidateBase.
Regards, Klaus
kondrich

Postby paschott » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:48 pm

I'm getting similar errors. Some out of memory warning when trying to hit more than one DB. Any way to roll back or get a different build?

-Peter
paschott

Postby Paul Stephenson » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:06 am

Thanks for your report. We're looking into it.

If you want to roll back to the first Early Access for now, uninstall SQL Prompt 5 using the Control Panel and then reinstall 5.0.0.224.

Paul Stephenson
SQL Prompt Project Manager
Red Gate Software
Paul Stephenson

Postby paschott » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:37 pm

I had to roll back. I couldn't even start using SSMS today. Not sure it's 100% related, but I didn't have that problem with .224. Re-installed that version and I can work again.
paschott

Return to SQL Prompt 5 EAP