Command line support

Compares and synchronizes the schemas of Oracle databases

Moderators: eddie davis, richardjm, Michael Christofides, neil.anderson

Command line support

Postby chang » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:39 pm

Does Schema Compare for Oracle support command line comparisons with report output to a file? If so, how do you do this? If not, are there any plans to support something like this?
chang

Postby alice.easey » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:35 pm

We don't currently have a command line for Schema Compare for Oracle, but we have had quite a few requests for one.

It's likely that we'll add one for a future release, but we're focussing on building Data Compare for Oracle at the moment so I'm afraid I can't give you an estimate on when a command line might be available.

Would you be able to tell us a bit more about why you'd want this feature and how you'd expect to use it?

Thanks!

Alice.
alice.easey

Re:

Postby chang » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:44 pm

We have a lot of schemas to compare and like to automate the process through the scheduled task. So, it can be triggered from the command line and report the status back. My understanding of SQL version of this tool has this capability, so I thought Oracle will have it built in as well. Thanks!
chang

Postby Tom Harris » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi there,

we have a simple command line now for Schema Compare for Oracle. If you would like to give it a go please email oraclesupport @redgate.com

Many thanks, Tom
Tom Harris

Return to Schema Compare for Oracle