win CE device play sound in two channels

Announcements and discussion for PInvoke

Moderators: Luke Jefferson, Robert

win CE device play sound in two channels

Postby multis » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:38 am

Dear All,
I would like to play two WMV streams together and record two streams at the same time. In HW is Realtec HD audio codec ALC888, which supports 7.1+2 standard. ALC888 include 2(input/otput) configurable stereo Lines. Line1 is defaultly set as output, Line2 is defaultly set as input.
How can I configure Line2 as another stereo output? ALC888 includes two stereo microphone inputs Mic1 and Mic2.

I try to use AygShell / SndPlaySync and CoreDll / WaveOut / WaveIn, it goes well, but only in one stereo channel.

Thank you for your reply.
David
multis

Postby Paul.Martin » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:06 pm

I've not had any experience myself (the closest I've done is multiple streams to multiple sound card devices).

How does the ALC888 drivers display itself to the operating system - it is a single 10 channel device, or does it have separate deviceIDs for the separate stereo lines?

If it has seperate deviceIDs then WaveOut can be supplied the deviceID.

If the driver exposes the 2 separate lines as just an extra set of channels on the same deviceID, one nasty hack way would be to pass the PCM data with lots of channels, only providing data for the relevant channels.
Or a cleaner way is that various audio frameworks (PortAudio, XAudio2 / DirectSound) let you specify a channel mask and mapping.
Paul.Martin

Postby multis » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:13 pm

thank you Paul for repply, I will try it
David
multis

Return to PInvoke.Net