Hi, I think I have tracked this problem down to a problem in a view referenced in the vwEMAILS_INTERACTIONS view that's causing that view not to build properly when SQL Source Control executes its update script.
Now that the Beta version (which I just installed) allows access to the actual SQL script that it's executing when trying to do the updates (THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!), I was able to narrow down the problem to the following statement:
- Code: Select all
EXEC sp_refreshview N'[dbo].[vwEMAILS_INTERACTIONS]
Since the view that was being modified by the SQL Source Control "Get Latest" is one of the views underlying vwEMAILS_INTERACTIONS, SQL Source Control tries to refresh it. Unfortunately, there is currently an error in the code for the vwEMAIL_INTERACTIONS view (caused by a different underlying view in the select statement of vwEMAIL_INTERACTIONS). That error causes the sp_refreshview call to fail, which causes the "Get Latest" update to fail and roll back.
So it looks like SQL Source Control is functioning fine, including rolling back when it encountered the error. In fact, I guess you could say it functioned better than fine since it caught an error that apparently wasn't caught by one of our developers.
Now on to a fix. I'll comment on the post again once it's all completely resolved, but I'm pretty certain that SQL Source Control is not to blame here.