SQLiteException

Forum for users of Red Gate SQL Backup tool

Moderator: Chris Auckland

SQLiteException

Postby andy.c » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:08 am

Hi,

When I fired up the SQL Backup client I got this unhandled exception:

SQLBackup v5

The database disk image is malformed
database disk image is malformed
WorkerExecutionException

at RedGate.SQLBackup.Engine.ConfigurableThreadPool._1(Exception )
at RedGate.SQLBackup.Engine.ConfigurableThreadPool._1._2()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

----------

SQLiteException

The database disk image is malformed
database disk image is malformed

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader()
at _6._5(Server )
at _6._2(Object )

Is this exception on the client side or on the server?
This exception made the client tool exit.

Thanks,

Andy
andy.c
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:58 pm

Postby andy.c » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:28 am

This exception is generated when ever I add one of our production clustered instances into the SQL Backup client server list.

This is the SQL Server version that the cluster is running:

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.2039 (Intel X86) May 3 2005 23:18:38 Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 1)

Here is the version of SQL Backup that the cluster is running:

5.0.0.2770


The transaction log backups seem to be taking place. Would an exception like this cause any problems with the backups themselves?

Thanks,

Andy
andy.c
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:58 pm

Add SQL Server in SQL Backup GUI. SQLite exception trigger..

Postby andy.c » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:19 pm

Hi,

I think I found the trigger that causes the SQLite Exception in the SQL Backup GUI. I think it may have something to do with the way that DNS names are handled in the gui or the backup service.

I was entering a CNAME record into the 'SQL Server' text box in the 'Add SQL Server' form in the SQL Backup GUI. This was causing the SQLite exception. When I add the 'A' record for the same instance in the 'SQL Server' text box the SQL Backup GUI accepts the new instance with no problems.

My question is why would adding a CNAME record as the DNS name for some SQL Server instance cause this unhandled exception?

Thanks,

Andy
andy.c
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:58 pm

Postby dlkj » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:15 am

Hi Andy,

Clearing your local data cache should remove the corrupt SQLite database. You can do this by deleting C:\\Documents and Settings\\[LOGON USER NAME]\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Red Gate\\SQL Backup\\Server Data

The issue isn't directly related to the server name. SQL Backup has a table linking existing server names to cache databases. Everytime you add the server, sql backup tries to use the corrupt database and raises an exception. By using an alternative dns name, a fresh cache file is being used.

Hope this helps,

Daniel
dlkj
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:10 pm
Location: Red Gate Software, Cambridge

Thanks dlkj...

Postby mtutor » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:58 pm

This initially freaked me out. :? I thought my data disk on my database server was throwing errors. Scary. I found this post and followed the directions, and voila, everything was fine.

Thanks Man! :D
MTutor
Huntsman Cancer Institute
University of Utah
mtutor
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Postby wlmak » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:22 am

I remove the Server Data, and then open redgate SQL backup to add the server, once I add, the malfunction error pop up again.

Anyway to resolve this?
wlmak
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:20 am

Postby tommytaekdb » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm

wlmak,

If you are still having issues with this I have come across another solution. I also removed the .dat files from my user profile and it did not fix the issue.

What I did do was this:

1) Delete my entire user profile from another administrator account
2) Log off as the administrator
3) Log back on as the account I just deleted
4) Reopen SQL Backup
5) Add the SQL server(s) back to the database list

Hope this helps
tommytaekdb
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:47 pm
Location: Orlando, FL


Return to SQL Backup Previous Versions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest