Haven't spent much time evaluating just yet. First impression of usability is quite positive. Interface is intuitive and the integration with management studio is pretty smooth. I installed this morning, linked up to an existing database and got it dumped into my svn repository. Management studio seemed a little sluggish at times, but my workstation has a lot going on. I got busy with a few other things and management studio got pushed to the side for most of the day.
This afternoon, I noticed that earlier in the day my cpu on the server had jumped substantially. Went over to the activity monitor in management studio and noticed a lot of open connections coming from my workstation with "Red Gate" in the Application column. So I unlinked the database from source control and the cpu on the server dropped back down to normal (usual) level. See graph here
. Note, the numbers don't mean a lot on their own--they're averages sampled too infrequently to get an accurate read on actual CPU use. But it illustrates the relative increase and then decrease, which serves my needs in monitoring it.
This is just an observation at this point not a complaint, and it's certainly not a thorough evaluation. The jump corresponds with my connecting the source control and the drop corresponds with my disconnecting it. I'll spend some more time with it when I can, and report any further findings.