PackageSQLException: The login already has an account under

Packages and compresses schema and contents of SQL Server databases

Moderators: JonathanWatts, Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, david connell, Anu Deshpande, Michelle Taylor, james.billings, Marianne

PackageSQLException: The login already has an account under

Postby jamesklett » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:50 pm

Trying to build a package from my local DB Server-DB and resatore to same local Server with different DB name. I get this error "The login already has an account under a different user name." The odd thing though is I deselected all the logins from the package setup

Ideas?

Thanks,

JIM
jamesklett

Postby Chris Auckland » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:02 pm

Thanks for your post.

This is probably because the release version of SQL Packager 6 always uses the 'include dependencies' option.

If you have any objects that have a dependency to a user, SQL Packager will always bring the deselected user back into the synchronization.

We have a patch release that enables you to turn off this option. Can you try it out and let me know if it helps or not?

ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQL_ ... r91109.zip
Chris
Chris Auckland

Postby jamesklett » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Thanks for the response, that appears to work. Thanks you for that. One cool benefit of using the Packager I have found is that it will discover any errors in Views or SProcs upon restore. My test resotore found about 15 bugs in stored procedures.

JIM
jamesklett

Return to SQL Packager 6