Replacing the SQL script in C# customized project

Packages and compresses schema and contents of SQL Server databases

Moderators: JonathanWatts, Chris Auckland, David Atkinson, david connell, Anu Deshpande, Michelle Taylor, james.billings, Marianne

Replacing the SQL script in C# customized project

Postby phoenixR77 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:37 am

Hi Redgate,
First of all I want to thank you for your toolbelt,it makes my life so much better :).
Second :
I am using SQL packager to deploy patches of our app,I customized the project in order to do other things besides patching the databases.

But now I want to keep the c# project and just change the SQL script it runs.
I see the the script is split inside the resource as a series of strings.
How can I replace the script in the project (generate the new resource strings) without creating a new packager project (I don't want to do the customizing all over again).
Thanks,
Radu
phoenixR77

Postby Chris Auckland » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:45 pm

Thanks for your post.

It's not really possible to replace the SQL resources within the same C# project. However, you could make the same customizations you made to the C# project to the SQL Packager code templates.

This would mean SQL Packager will create the packages based on your customized project, rather than the default.

I would recommend making a copy of the original code templates, in case you want to revert to the default behaviour.

The code templates can probably be found in:
C:\\Program Files\\Red Gate\\SQL Packager 6\\SQL Packager Code Templates

I hope this helps.
Chris
Chris Auckland

Thanks Chris

Postby phoenixR77 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:30 pm

I already had a method of generating new SQL resources by just replacing the resx files in my project with ones generated by creating new packager projects.

But your suggestion is far better :).

Thanks for your answer.
Radu
phoenixR77

Return to SQL Packager 6