Automate and integrate using the SQL comparison API
Moderator: Chris Auckland
1. I comapared two databases with different sql assemblies, and SDK generated migration script like this:
<drop depended objects>
<drop clr assembly>
Is there any way to generate migration like this:
ALTER ASSEMBLY [myAssembly]
2. I created "by hand" script (alter assmly ...) and execute it in sql server managment studio without any errors.
When i try to pack it in sql packager i got error
"SQL Error: ALTER ASSEMBLY for assembly 'myAssembly' failed because assembly 'myAssembly' is malformed or not a pure .NET assembly. "
3. in SQL compate 8 there is a checkbox "Do not use ALTER ASSEMBLY to change CLR objects" but when it is checked or not, i always got DROP ASSEBLY, CREATE ASSEMBLE statements.
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:43 pm
I hope someone will point out any wrong assumptions I've made, but I have had a look at the source code for SQL Compare and it looks to me as if the assembly will be rebuilt instead of altered if:
- a parent assembly needs to be re-created
- The assembly metadata between the assembly in database a and database b is different
- The assembly metadata could not be compared. In that case SQL Compare should leave a log entry stating why the metadata could not be compared.
- Either or both assemblies contain no files or are less than 96 bytes in length
- Posts: 6670
- Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:48 am
Return to SQL Comparison SDK Previous Versions
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests