AccessViolationException

Forum for users of SQL Packager database archive utility

Moderator: David Atkinson

AccessViolationException

Postby adrianbanks » Wed May 21, 2008 5:19 pm

We have packaged a database and are getting an error when the exe is run (near to the end of the unpackage). I'm using Packager 5.3.0.80.

The error is:

"System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory has been corrupted."

Any ideas what could be causing this? I don't currently have access to any more information about the error, but wondered if there were known causes.

Thanks,
Adrian
adrianbanks

Postby adrianbanks » Thu May 22, 2008 11:25 am

I've managed to get a stack trace from when the error was thrown:

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication
that other memory is corrupt.

Server stack trace:
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
at Package.DBInstall.ProgressDialog.Update(Object sender, ProgressStatusEventArgs e)
at Package.DBInstall.PackageExecutor.OnStatus(ProgressStatusEventArgs e)
at Package.DBInstall.PackageExecutor.ExecutePackage()
at Package.DBInstall.PackageExecutor.Execute()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at Package.DBInstall.ProgressDialog.Run(IProgressExecutor executor)
at Package.DBInstall.PackageApplication.ExecutePackageWithUI()

Any ideas?
adrianbanks

Return to SQL Packager Previous Versions