Search not working for a DB

obperryoobperryo Posts: 3 Bronze 1
edited February 4, 2013 3:19PM in SQL Search Previous Versions
I have been using SQL Search successfully for a while.
At one time I was having trouble searching but it fixed itself.
Again I am having trouble searching…. And it looks like it is not searching one of my DB’s - get no results. I have tried re-indexing and force re-index with no luck. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling.. with no luck.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• I've been getting the same thing, just one db being ignored. I came on here looking for the cure - any chance of a response on this?
  • obperryoobperryo Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    I am on XP... you might need to find the index file for whatever system your on. You probably could search My Documents for your server name to find it.. might have to show hidden files.

Navigate to your Application Data\Local Settings folder in your profile, then go to Red Gate > SQLSearch1 > Indexes. You should spot the relevant file in there- delete it (or move it) then reload SSMS, and connect to your instance.
  • Aha! Good man, I found the indexes on windows 7 in C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQLSearch 1\Indexes, removed the lot and presto back to normal.

Many thanks...
  • Just to confirm the folder location is here:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQLSearch 1\Indexes

the original post had application data then local settings - but its the other way around (confusing as ther is an application data at the same level as local settings).

Dan
  • First, thank you for your answers.
    I also had the same problem recently, and your answer fixed my problem.

However, I now have a very serious nagging doubt about all the searches that I have done in the past using SQL Search: What if I missed the update of a field in an SP because the search didn't show it?

Does anyone know if Redgate is looking at fixing this problem in a future release?
    Thank you.
  • ljanzenljanzen Posts: 4 Bronze 1
    Thanks for this info. I just experienced the same problem when upgrading to SQL Prompt 8, and this solved it.
  • I have just had this problem too, also now somewhat concerned I have missed things in the past D:
  • derVampirderVampir Posts: 3 New member
    Same for me. Just did a RedGate update a few weeks ago, problem may be connected to that?
  • bmlbml Posts: 4 Bronze 1
    I recently started getting "No search results" for all searches. I'm on Windows 7 with SQL Prompt v8.0.5.1758
  • UmbertoAUmbertoA Posts: 2 New member
    Just solved the problem for Windows 10 & SQL Search 3:
    1. Close SQL Server Management Studio
    2. Go to the folder C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Red Gate
    3. Delete the SQLSearch 3 folder
    4. Delete the Logs\SQLSearch 3 folder
  • trinhnguyentrinhnguyen Posts: 1 New member
    edited July 17, 2019 4:46AM
    I had same problem (SQL Search 3). I solved:
    Create RGTEMP environment variable: C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Temp